Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spring cleaning and a new year..

Everyone is excited about the coming Chinese New Year. I am too but the thing I most dread every year before CNY is spring cleaning. It's takes lots off time and is really tiring. I spend half of the day in the last day in the chinese lunar calender cleaning the ktchen...helping my mom clean the kitchen is tiring. We had to clean the grease off this and that and wash this and that....Sweep the floor, mop the loor, wipe the counter and cupboards...Lot's of things to do before the new year. I found one useful tip though....it's from some magazine I read about....Use soda bicarbonate to clean of grease and make metal surface really shiny. I was just going to try and give it a shot but it works really well afer I tried it. Can save money on buying liquid washer and all....haha...
The reunion dinner is tonight....Going to have dinner in my grandpa's house. It's the first time in many years we actually have more than 4 people having reunion dinner. Usually it's just my parents, my brother and me...Just a simple meal at home and watching tv...hehe. This year my mom decide to join my aunts and uncles and my grandpa to have dinner. Hope the food will be yummy...it's tonight so I can't wait to have some yummy food...
Happy Chinese New Year everyone.....May the new year bring you lot's of happiness and properity....Xin Nian Kuai Le....Gong Xi Fa Cai....hope this year I will get lots of angpows...hahahaha....

1 comment:

Mizuki said...

Happy Chinese Niu Year~!! >.< Hope the year of Ox will bring much happiness, good health, good success & prosperity to you & your family~! have a good reunion dinner ;D