Monday, January 26, 2009

HAPPIE CHINESE "NIU" YEAR....

Hey, guys...a brand new year...a brand new beginnings. CNY is all about reunion, celebration and parties...haha....Will blog about it later...Today I heard it on the radio about the sun eclipse. In olden Chinese days, it is believed that when the sun undergoes eclipse, it's because the dog of heaven has eaten it...the dog from Er Lang Sheng remember?? (I don't know what it is called in Chinese) So the dog has taken a bite out of the sun or moon, we have to chase it away. Old beliefs say we have to take out drums, pails or bucket and beat them loudly to chase the dog away. So the sun will get bright again...hehe.. I heard this on the radio so what a story olden days people believe......hehehe. Unfortunately, I didn't get to witness the sun eclipse because my view was blocked by tall buildings and I can't see it from my grandpa's house.....I was a bit miffed and wanted to go down and try to see it but my grandpa says it's impossible to view it at that area because all the buildings block it....so sad....the bad thing about living in the city...your view are always blocked by buildings....I saw in on tv though haha...So that's all today...Happy CNY everyone and may you get lots of red packets....

No comments: