Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Book recommendation: The Girl Who Chased The Moon



The book resolves around two people. Emily Benedict and Julia Winterson. If you like reading something magical with a little fantasy then I guess you'll find this book quirky and intriguing. For there's wallpapers which changes according to your mood (I wish it exists. It would have been interesting). People who can see trails of scents of cakes and desserts that bring them to the people they love. Lights that can be seen only at night moving around and giants (only one though).

Here's an overview from Barnes and Noble:

Emily Benedict has came to Mullaby, North Carolina, hoping to solve at least some of the riddles surrounding her mother’s life after her death. But the moment Emily enters the house where her mother grew up and meets the grandfather she never knew, she realizes that mysteries aren’t solved in Mullaby, they’re a way of life: Here are rooms where the wallpaper changes to suit your mood. Unexplained lights skip across the yard at midnight. And a neighbour, Julia Winterson, bakes hope in the form of cakes, not only wishing to satisfy the town’s sweet tooth but also dreaming of rekindling the love she fears might be lost forever. Can a hummingbird cake really bring back a lost love? Is there really a ghost dancing in Emily’s backyard? The answers are never what you expect. But in this town of lovable misfits, the unexpected fits right in.

The book was dreamy and interesting (the type I like to read :P) and it's not very thick like some books so I finished reading it in around 2-3 hours. It pulled me into the story before I knew it and I find myself wanting to see Mullaby myself. The book I got was with the blue cover and truthfully, I actually bought the book because of the cover. It seems so magical and it's in blue (my favourite colour), I couldn't resist buying it. ^^

...

No comments: