Saturday, March 14, 2009

Passing away...R.I.P.

It seems that lately people are passing away. Last year in December, my paternal grandmother passed away after a long bout of sickness. I think it was heart or kidney failure....she was 81 when she passed away.....I don't remember much of my paternal grandmother but everytime I see her, she is very nice to me and is always smiling at me. Although I am not close to her, she gave me a grandmotherly feeling and speaking to me in teochew that sometimes makes me wonder why I didn't talk or visit her more often. She was 81 when she died but her hair is still only half in white. She was a really kind person who I never even heard raising her voice when I was small. I would say she live to a ripe age where she is surrounded by children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. So I think she passed away peacefully and knowing everyone was well is enough for her.

I just heard another news from my mom that my maternal grandmother's aunt or who I called as Po Chor passed away on Thursday night because of heart failure. She was 81 too. Funny how coincidental it is? I can't remember the last time I saw her. It was last year I think. We aren't close since there's a huge generation gap but I remember her always coming to my grandpa's house to have rounds of mahjong with my aunts. She would always demand you calling her when you see her but would sometimes buy food for you to eat. Some of my cousins even I sometimes get annoyed when she ask us to go do this and that when she comes sometimes but well she's an elder, we should respect her. Sometimes I think she does things simply to annoy people which I would find funny if it does not happen on me. I'm sorry I wouldn't be able to go back for her funeral. May she rest in peace.

No comments: