Thursday, June 11, 2009

17 Again.....


Directed by burr Steers and starring Zac Efron, Matthew Perry, Michelle Trachtenberg, Leslie Mann, Sterling Knight, Thomas Lennon and so many more.

In 1989, Michael O'Donnell was a star basketball athlete with a birght future ahead. He seemingly had it all. Right before the championship last game with the scout watching his game, his girlfriend Scarlet informed him she was pregnant. In that moment, he made the decision to throw everything away (including basketball and a chance at a scholarship) and proposed to her.

Twenty years later, Mike's life was a disaster. He is separated from Scarlet and staying with his geeky but millionaire, best friend Ned Gold. His career is at a standstill and his kids Maggie and Alex want nothing to do with him. He visits Hayden High School to reminisce about the life before he made that decision and while he was there, he encounters the mysterious janitor who ask him if he wishes he was 17 again and he said yes. On the way home, he fell from a bridge and is magically transformed back into his 17-year old self.....

The whole movie was interesting and funny. Zac Efron was really cool and very handsome. His eyes are WOW.....so mesmerising.....haha.O.o He's a good actor too. I really love the part at the court where he was holding a paper telling Scarlet about his true feelings. I was really touched at his words and proves Zac is really good at acting. You should go and watch it as it is really a fun movie which will make you laugh and also make you feel touched..
\
I found this at IMDb. It's a dialogue in the movie.
-
Mike O' Donnell: Scarlet, before you go through this, I want to remind you of September 7th, 1988. It was the first time that I saw you. You were reading Less Than Zero, and you were wearing a Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt. I'd never seen anything so perfect. I remember thinking that I had to have you or I'd die... then you whispered that you loved me at the homecoming dance, and I felt so peaceful... and safe... because I knew that no matter what happened, from that day on, nothing can ever be that bad... because I had you. And then I, uh... I grew up and I lost my way. And I blamed you for my failures. And I know that you think you have to do this today... but I don't want you to. But I guess... if I love you, I should let you move on. (pretending to read a letter to Scarlet in divorce court)
\
For more info go to

No comments: