Tuesday, July 03, 2007

200 pounds beauty......

No...I don't weigh 200 pounds...at least I don't think so...I know how I weighed in kilograms but I never converted it to pounds before... The reason I am talking about pounds is actually just commenting on a movie I recently seen. It is a Korean movie called "200 pounds". The movie was great...I never really like watching Korean movies...not that they are bad, it's just that I didn't find myself attracted to watching them...but recently it seems the Korean waves that has landed all over Asia this past few years has finally made me a fan...the movie was brilliant...besides Princess Hour, the Korean drama series that I have watch, this movie is the best I have ever seen of Korea...the movie is about a lip-syncing vocalist Han-Na who is fat and ugly who turns to plastic surgery to pursue her dreams of a career and love....the movie brought me to tears.....very few movies can ever make me do that...the theme of the story was so simple yet so complex....is beauty skin deep and does love truly conquers it all ? I find myself really into the movie simply because the acors portray the characters really well and they were amazing...don't let the posters decieve you, the actor Joo Jin-mo is actually quite handsome in the movie and Kim Ah-joong is really beautiful in skin deep sense after she remove those layers of fat(I don't know about deep inside...hehe)....some of the scenes were funny, some really touching...and the songs in the movie...WOW, is the only word for them....the songs are really nice.....definetely a must watch movie for everyone...even if you don't understand Korean, just read the subtitles. I did just that...hahaha...

No comments: