Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The So-Called Movie Marathon

Last week, on Monday 27 October 2008.....Deepavali, I didn't go to any Indian friend's house to celebrate. Instead I went for a movie marathon. It wasn't exactly a movie marathon more like a half marathon considering we only went for two movies. Since it is a holiday, tickets are a bit more expensive than usual and there are people everywhere. Queensbay Mall for one, is packed like a can of sardins. We were hungry when we reached there and there's too much people everywhere. We were searching for options besides having to eat McD (although I don't mind eating McD.....living in Perlis can do that to you as there's no McD in Perlis) After eating, High School Musical 3....Troy Bolton....Gabriella Montez....and after that Butterfly Lovers starring Charlene Choi (Ah Sa) and Wu Chun. Here comes my review....



High School Musical 3 was high energy fun and excitement....a perfect ending for what has been and still is a big phenomenal success of Disney movies. HSM3 lives up to its expectations and although it wasn't as good as the 1st movie, it was nevertheless exciting, nice and sweet. Songs like Can I Have This Dance, A Night To Rememer, The Boys Are Back, High School Musical and etc...were really upbeat and makes you want to sing along. The choreography was really great and I feel like dancing along to the music. More places to sing and dance along for example the junkyard and the rooftop. Exciting dance numbers and great slow ballad. A must-watch for fans of High School Musical....The Spring Musical is finally shown in this movie even if it's not shown fully....new cast of students.....prom....graduation....the dilemma of Troy having to separate with Gabriella and choosing the right college for himself. Sharpay with her antics. Haiz...the teens are finally growing up....they look so different from the 1st movie....Chad is way more thin in the 1st now he's chubby and muscular. Troy, much more muscular still thin and still very idolisticly handsome (whatever that means??). Gabriella didn't change a bit..maybe just the hairstyle and the rest of them just grown up...makes me feel old. One thing about this film was focusing mostly on Troy, Gabriella and Sharpay...yes they are the lead in the movie but I wish they shown us more of Ryan, Chad or Kelsi...but well a movie an hour or more long can't possibly fit so much. East High ROCKS!!!!

Ratings: HSM1>HSM3>HSM2....watch all and compare...



"Life is fleeting as the butterfly, beautiful yet transient. As legends has it, a pair of butterfly lovers reappears once more after having gone through three lifetimes of repeated pain and tears. "
Butterfly Lovers.....there has been a lot of versions of the Butterfly Lovers. This version I have to say wasn't the best one I seen but I can't say I didn't like it. Although BL is supposed to be some sort of a sad romantic story, I was somehow not really in the sad mood. I practically laugh my way throughout the movie due to a certain friend making jokes together with me. I can't help it especially when (I really have to say this although I kinda like him) Wu Chun is on screen. The way he acts was funny. The girl who sat to my left (who I don't know) cried I think half of the film while me and Hui Ping (yes, this is the certain friend mentioned above) were giggling away. Somehow I think if my emotions were mellowed down that day I would have balled out my eyes too. I did finally cried in the end when Wu Chun was playing dead. See, when he was alive in the film I didn't even shed a tear....it was until he died and there was only Ah Sa did I cry. LOL, I have to say his acting in the film was bad. If you are fans like I am, then I don't think you will actually mind that much as the story wasn't exactly bad...it was just differrent. I have always been interested with the story of the butterfly lovers. The idea of star-crossed lovers isreally kind of sad. This story wasn't exactly an unhappy ending as the BL were actually immortal send to earth to be punished to never have happiness together. This lifetime was their last lifetime on Earth and they are finally free to love each other again for eternity. So they were reunited after death. It gives those romantic at heart a heartful sigHHH....

No comments: