Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A trip to Tanjong Malim...for convocation

This Monday which was the 20th August 2007, I went to Tanjong Malim for my mom's convocation...yes my MOM....you did not read it wrongly...my mom has graduated from the Masters' programme.....I think that's what it is called....Masters in English Language Education...she's a English teacher.....the trip there was bloody boring and FYI there is nothing in Tanjong Malim...besides the Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris...my mom's uni and Proton City (where Proton cars are made) there is nothing in the town....really quiet town unlike Penang with big malls and bustling with activities and people.....there it's kind of more quiet and well since it is so near to the highway...lot's of big jumbo size lorries passing by so if there is noise then tha's vehicles only........I spend a night there in one of the hotels...it's called Hotel Bunga Raya...I couldn't sleep.....it was so near the roads and the vehicles passing by were so so noisy I can't stand it....We stayed there a night and the next morning is my mom's convo....

My dad and I....(only us both...my brother couldn't make it) bought my mom a bouquet of roses with a real cute teddy bear with a graduation hat.....but it was bloody expensive, it cost RM 50 and it was only 6 roses you know....but the flowers were really beautiful...I couldn't resist...who knew flowers were so so lovely...the roses, sunflowers and lilies...gosh they were beautiful...and there's the cute teddy bears...so adorable...I even took a pic of a cute little girl wearing a graduation hat...hehe...then there's this incident...I think it was kind of ridiculous. I was going to enter the hall where my mom's convo is held and I was stopped by the person in charge of letting us the friends and families of the graduates in......it is really idiotic of her, she actually don't alloy me to get in...you know why...because she thinks my skirt was too short and in her term "impolite"...bloody ****.....my skirt was knee length...okay maybe an inch or two above knee length and that's impolite?? I dressed up for my mom's convo with a blouse and a skirt and she said I was dressed up impolitely....to hell with her.....then she allows me to go in and you know what she told me...she told me to sit next to the thick wall so that nobody can see I'm wearing the skirt...it's really funny how some people think...reallly...

My mom's graduation ceremony was so long...I didn't know that it could be that long....at least I get to see the Queen and Princess of Perak....they were really beautiful especially the princess. Overall the trip was a mind opening trip...it shown me how some people are so unreasonable and what a convacation is all about.....many relatives are there to see their sons or daughters graduate.....seeing people wearing those graduation hats make me think when I will have a chance to really wear it....I tried my mom's clothes though hehehe...it's kinda weird on me though hahaha......I took some pictures...I think I took pictures of practically everything I think is interesting...but right now I can't put the pic up

I also just realised the government really takes a lot of toll money....every stop at the toll is really costly......I wonder what they do with the money???.......then there's this construction on the highway...the workers work so slowly you know and they block partically half the road but don't do anything....it's so stupid and lazy of this people......and the government pays them for nothing....they spend days doing construction on these roads yet nothing is really completed yet....totally stupid....

No comments: